Friday, May 16, 2008

A Friendship First


From the day Josh called out my name and stopped me in my tracks, we were like magnets! We were drawn to each other with a force that neither of us has ever felt. It was magical! It was beautiful! It was crazy! I was still trying to figure out some things in my life and was not ready to commit to another romantic relationship (partly because I was on again off again with my ex every Friday night!). But I could not take my eyes off Josh. We became the best of friends. Every where we went people would tell us how cute we looked together. Then I would always say, "Oh, we are just friends." People would look at me with a look in their eye that let me know they were thinking, "Who are you trying to fool?" I took it all in but made sure to maintain my presence of control. We really did have a beautiful friendship. I had never felt anything like it. He was the only person I had ever been truly honest with. I mean it, not one lie! We promised each other to always be honest no matter how painful. It is truly an awesome thing to have a relationship with not even one lie!!


Before I knew it though, I had fallen in love. My sense of control over my mind was lost. I knew that somehow I had to fix the mess that was my life so that I start a new life with Josh. What a journey that was! But that will be for another entry perhaps. He asked me to marry him, and I said yes. Six months later we were married. It was the most peaceful, beautiful, holy day of my life. I knew that God had brought us together for His purpose. I knew that I would always be in the arms of my best friend, who loves me with a Christ kind of love...

No comments: